Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Goals for March

It's time to start working on my next set of goals.  Here are the two I've picked for this month, along with my plans for making them happen.

The Big Project:
I want to paint Anna's room.  The same wallboard that is in our family room (which used to be a dining room) is in her room.  They used the extra pieces to cover the plaster lathe in the bedroom, so it's certainly better than it could be.  But it's not very pretty for a little girl's room.  I'm going to paint over it so it will still be textured, but hopefully the walls will stop competing with all of her cute pictures and things and be more of a backdrop. 

I already have the paint, I just need to find the time to get it done.  I actually had plans (i.e. Grandma said she'd babysit) last Friday, but we ended up having a snowday, so I skipped the painting plans and attempted to build a snowman instead.  (The snowman never did get a head, but that's a whole other story.)  Ben has some time off in the mornings this coming week, so it's possible that I could paint one morning while he amused the kids, but more likely I will wait until Grandma and Grandpa get back from vacation and send the kids over there for a morning.  I think it would be less stressful for everyone (except maybe Grandma).

New Habit to Form:
Here's the old New Year's resolution standby:  start exercising.  The thing is, I really need to do this.  And I really want to do this.  It's just a matter of actually DOING it. 

So I've decided to start small until it works it's way into my daily routine.  I mean really small.  My goal for right now is five minutes a day of stretching, yoga, or kickboxing.  Last night I stretched for five minutes before bed.  This morning I did five minutes of sun salutations before I got in the shower.  So far, so good.  I really think (hope) that once I get started I will want to do more and by the end of the month I'll be up to 15 minutes morning and evening.  But I'll call it a success if I'm still at it, even if it's still just five minutes a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment