Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jumping into the New Year?

It seems that most of my Facebook friends and the bloggers I read are full swing into getting their homes straightened out from the holidays and organizing themselves for the year ahead.  That sounds good to me, sort of.  But maybe not yet.

My oldest son doesn't go back to school until Monday.  That gives us three more free days.  Three days where I can sit on the floor and watch him build the Lego vehicles he received as Christmas gifts.  Three more days were the kids and I can snuggle on the couch and watch a video in the afternoon, since, after all, we are on vacation.  Three more days in which I can let dinner go a little later than usual, because if we aren't in bed on time it's no big deal. 

I intentionally took a step back from homemaking starting the Friday before Christmas so that I could enjoy the holiday season with my family.  I am so glad that I did.  It's been so nice to say yes to my daughter's request to read a story, or to play with the boys just because they asked. 

Our pantry is empty, our entertainment center needs dusting, and the bathrooms could use a good scrubbing.  But those things will wait for Monday morning when Nick and Ben head back to school and the little kids and I get back into our weekly routine.  Today we're still on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment