Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project Simplify: Closet Cleanout


I had planned on joining Simple Mom's Project Simplify right from the beginning, but life happened and the only closet cleaning I did last week was to give a jacket and a shirt to my mom while she was here visiting. But just thinking about it all week gave me the motivation to start trying on clothes Friday afternoon, and by Sunday night I was through the whole closet.

I realized that I'd been hanging on to a lot of clothes becasue they reminded me of who I used to be. I had a lot of clothes that I wore when I was teaching--6 years ago--that I didn't need or even want anymore. And there were some clothes from Hawaii--like the dress I wore when Ben returned from his first deployment--that just reminded me of who I used to be.

And so even though I never wore them, I didn't get rid of them. Until now. In all I got rid of
5 dresses
8 skirts
4 pairs of pants
10 shirts
1 jacket
3 belts

Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment