Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3: Blessed with Patience

It is 10 p.m. and I'm just now getting around to writing. 

I also just came downstairs from tucking Lucas into bed again

I put him to bed at 8.  I've put him back to bed four times.  This last time I found all of his blankets, including the top sheet which is fitted at the bottom so that it won't come off easily, wadded up in the middle of his bed. 

Sigh.

So in the almost dark, trying not to wake his brother, I remade the bed.  And tucked him in again.  And kissed him good-night again. 

Thank you God, for the patience to not yell, or threaten, or cry.  Thank you for guiding me instead to keep giving hugs and kisses and reassurance that there is nothing to be scared of.  And please grant me just a little more patience, because I think I hear him on the stairs again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment